Duration of the implementation: 30 months, January 2019 – June 2021
Total budget: 965,862.00 €
The project of ARSIS – Association for the Social Support of Youth, titled “ORION – Actions for the Prevention of the Minors Marginalization and for the Protection of the Child” has been integrated in the Operational Program “Central Macedonia 2014-2020” (code ΟΠΣ 5029944) and it is co-financed by Greece and the European Union (European Social Fund).
The goal of this project is the support of a Child Protection structure for the period of 30 months, aiming to offer improved multidisciplinary services. As a result it is pursued that the structure will have the ability to welcome and provide services to at least 1200 children and adolescents in total, developing an holistic scheme of actions intending to protect them, to cover their needs and to operate as a center of mobilization and awareness raising for the local community, regarding children’s rights. In this context the program implements and promotes a structure of holistic social care and protection of minors, providing essential support to children, adolescents and their families.
The program “Orion” pursues as results:
– To cover the needs of children regarding in kind support and to improve their quality of life
– To provide psychosocial care to children and adolescents, and also specialized services of child care and protection.
– To defend the children right in education, decreasing the school drop-out rates, reinforcing their integration in the education system. In the same time to investigate the school drop-out reasons and to promote the methods for eliminating it.
– To detect and to protect children who live or work in the street.
– To provide as many as possible chances and experiences to the children in order to develop skills and abilities that later (during adolescence and adulthood) will help them to support and protect themselves.
– To assist the family environment of the child, so that it will be able to support him/her, or stopping the child rising within it in cases when the family environment threatens the child.
– To raise awareness and to mobilize the local community regarding the children’s rights.
For more information, please contact:
Youth Support Center of ARSIS
Spartis 9, 54640, Thessaloniki
2310227311 and 2311242956
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com